Evidence-Based Research: The Basics
Your flash plugin is outdated or not installed.
Get the latest Flash Player HERE.
January 13 2009
Guide Questions for this Presentation:
1. What are the three elements of evidence-based practice?
2. Identify useful questions that may assist you in preparing for the research process.
3. Outline the 5-steps to evidence-based practice.
4. What are items to consider in tracking down the best evidence?
5. Outline the process for understanding the information need.
6. Explain the PICO method used in helping to formulate a searchable question.
7. List the suggested resource databases where you might begin to explore your topic.
8. Discuss how to recognize levels of evidence once you locate them.
9. What are guiding questions used to aid in critically appraising the evidence you've discovered?
|Evidence Based Research
|Biomedical Research, Evidence Based Health Care
|Evidence-Based Medicine, Evidence-Based Practice