Fundamentals of Effective Grant Writing*
Your flash plugin is outdated or not installed.
Get the latest Flash Player HERE.
September 22 2008
1 hour and 15 minutes
Barbara Bowers, Professor of Nursing at UW-Madison, guides viewers through the important steps of the grant writing process and offers advice for creating successful proposals. Specifically, she describes strategies for understanding what funders look for in grant proposals as well as ways to develop and refine a project idea.
Guide Questions for this Presentation:
1. Describe strategies for discovering and understanding what funders look for in grant proposals.
2. Identify steps that can aid in the development and refinement of your proposal idea.
3. Indicate key elements to be considered when developing a timeline.
4. Outline ways one can highlight strengths and uniqueness in a grant proposal.
5. Describe why collaborations are important in grant writing and how effective collaborations can be established.
6. What are optimal ways to obtain feedback from those who are assisting you in the grant writing process?
7. Outline key components to consider when writing the following sections of a proposal:
b. Statement of the Problem
c. Goals, Objectives, Outcomes
|Biomedical Research, Professional Development