Applying Theory in Health Behavior Research
Your flash plugin is outdated or not installed.
Get the latest Flash Player HERE.
October 30 2009
1 hour and 56 minutes
1558 viewsObjectives for this presentation:
1. Describe how basing research on a theory can be especially useful and efficient
2. Review commonly used models and theories for health behavior
3. Apply models and theories to health promotion research
4. Provide examples of customized interventions for target populations
Learning Resources Applying Theory in Health Behavior Research
Books recommended by the speaker:
1. Health promotion in multicultural populations : a handbook for practitioners and students, [edited by] Michael V. Kline, Robert M. Huff
2. Theory Building, Robert Dubin
3. Dictionary of nursing theory and research, Bethel Ann Powers, Thomas R. Knapp
4. Theory construction; from verbal to mathematical formulations, Hubert M. Blalock, Jr.
5. Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice, [edited by] Karen Glanz, Barbara K. Rimer, and Frances Marcus Lewis
|Behavioral Medicine, Biomedical Research